Vidéo de la semaine

XIA - FLOWER

2.02.2012

Where I buy my stuff on the Internet!

Hello!

I decided to share with you a few sites I go to for buying stuff on the Internet (And I decided to do this post in English, I don't know why.. XD Don't ask).

When I say ''few'', think of it as a dozen (I counted them). I know, for some people it may seem a lot, but I think I had over 100 transactions this past 2 years on the internet. I'm a excessive buyer, what can I say, and plus, the main products that I buy are from Asia. I'm not paid to say this by the way. (I don't know why I would be, anyway.) Every link that I put are supposed to open in a new tab, for your information.

Japanese Fashion (VK + Gothic Lolita)

So, first of all, I want to talk about a passion that begun a little more than a year ago I think, and it's the Japanese Gothic Lolita fashion. As you already know, I'm a big japan music fan, but over the years, I discovered other aspects of the culture, like the makeup, the fashion, etc. At first, I was more into the Visual Kei fashion, and I did an outfit of this genre at the 2012's convention edition of Otakuthon.

I bought a few items on this site (Visual You). It's an american site, so the shipping fee isn't high (or at least, I don't remember it was), and it took 2 weeks or so to have my stuff, but the shirt was too small and it shrank after I washed it... XD Make sure you take your clothes a size higher. 

I switched to the Gothic Lolita after I bought a dress at a local place (145$ and the bust is way too large for me, I have to wear a padded bra with it), and after a quick search, I came with a few sites. There's Bodyline and FanPlusFriend which are well-known in the Lolita World if you're looking for something not as pricey as the official brands like Baby, The Stars Shine Bright or Angelic Pretty. I never bought from Bodyline because I don't like the site's interface and the clothes themselves. I bought twice from F+F though, and I absolutely love this site!!! :D The shipping fee is awful, but you get your stuff in a week, and the quality is pretty good. The customer service is also great, I had some problems with my orders but the woman who helped me was really kind. ^_^

I also bought a petticoat from Ebay, and my Lolita shoes from Amazon. In fact, I only searched for Mary Janes Shoes, and then I went to my local Ardene (which is a place for cheap cute stuff for girls) and bought hair accessories to glue them to my shoes with Krazy Glue. I think I paid 50$ for the shoes with the shipping, but I received them something like 2 days after my order. Thanks, UPS!

Makeup/Skincare/Accessories 


The first site I want to mention is The BB Cream Shop . Like the title already reveals, it's a site to buy BBcreams, but there's also asian makeup and Circle Lenses. I bought there two BB Creams, and I received them after a week and a half. I don't remember what was the shipping fee... The problem with BBCreams though is that they can be fake, but those weren't (or aren't, since I still have some left (and I'm currently wearing one of them... XD))

I bought circle lenses from two sites, Pinky Paradise and Circle Lens. I didn't pay the shipping on PP, I made an order over 130$ with some friends, and we had free shipping. I didn't pay either the shipping on CL because it was free over 30$ (I never understood why, because one pair is at least 35$...). Personally, I'm used to wear contact lenses, so I didn't have any problems with them, I think the ones I have are confortable and I wear them with ease.

I also bought a few items on Yesstyle, which is known to have a lot of asian stuff in general. The shipping is not cheap, it's 16$, but you get your stuff fast, considering it's an Asian site. 

Now, a western site! The ELF brand is becoming more and more known, and it's not for nothing. A lot of the products on this site is a dollar or two, and not only it's cheap, it's good quality! Of course, it depends on the product itself, but there is some ELF stuff that is seriously good, like the eyeshadow primer (it's not as good as the Urban Decay one though) or the Lip Balm with SPF 15 in it. The brushes are also pretty good quality. There is a lot of promotions on this site, so if there's something you think is ''pricey'', wait a bit. :P

Another site that I really like is BF-Beauty. This site may seem... cheap, but don't give up, because I bought twice from that site, and for the price, with almost no shipping fee, it's really nice. Manwomanfilm from Youtube (or Sasakiasahi now) did a review on their 120 palette eyeshadows, if you want to see it. Don't buy false lashes there though, they're not good.

There's also DHGate, which is kind of an asian Ebay but cheaper. I bought false eyelashes there and molds for 3D acrylic nail art, and I received them after a month, but it was free shipping. It was 30 falsies for 8 bucks, and they are great quality. Seriously. They are better than the ones from your local drugstores, the base is so flexible, unlike the ones from Duo. Next time I buy on this site, I'll buy some crazy lashes like the ones from Sephora, but I won't have to pay 17$ each pair. 

Last but not least, a site that I never bought on but that I heard a lot of good things on is Sasa. It's a chinese site and have brands from the entire world. They have asian brands like Dolly Wink and Etude as well as western brands like Chanel or Clinique. I think the shipping for Canada is 18$, but they also have a lot of promotions.

Others

DealExtreme. A chinese site for cheap electronics stuff. Look for the reviews to know if a product is good or not, and since there is no shipping, you can wait a few months before receiving your order. I like to spend time checking the items, there's some fun stuff on it. XD

Of course, there is also Ebay and Amazon to look at, you can find a lot of good things! :)

~~~

Okay, so there is it. I didn't mention all of the sites that I ordered from, but those are the ones that I recommend. There is a lot of swindles possible on the Internet, so look first for a review, or check carefully the site. In all those orders, I only had one problem, and it was from Ebay. I use Paypal though for every order I make, and I'm currently in a dispute with the seller. Also, keep the receipts you receive by mails, it always could be useful if you have any problems. 

So, yeah! Sorry for my rambling, but if you search a bit, you have access to so many products you normally don't have near you, and since I'm an Asian addict (and a geek), I'm thankful for that. Don't be scared to buy on the Internet, because the only difference between that and buying in a local store is that the product wasn't exported in your country before you buy it. You pay anyway for the shipping when you buy something in a store.

Sorry also for the errors, I try to check myself, but I'm not at the Master level in English yet. ^_^

Bye! Morue xxx

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire

Let's be cray cray together!

I like