Vidéo de la semaine

XIA - FLOWER

12.31.2014

2014's end is nigh (En)

Here we are again. The end of another year. We can't say that this year wasn't uneventful, a lot happened, and sadly it seems it was more negative than positive things. Wars, protests, murders; some went public, some others went unnoticed, at least by Canadian media. If you follow the K-Pop industry, lots of shit went down too, lots of bands were disbanded, members left and SM Entertainment still is having the good end of the bargain(s). Anyway I'm not gonna start on the bad news, because I prefer to be optimistic and see the good side of things. So on with what good things that happened to me in 2014.

It seems to me the first half of 2014 was a long series of sighs and waiting and school and work. Then in April I decided to do the 100 Theme Challenge. It was a lot of work, of swearing and mind struggle, but in the end, I succeeded and did a hundred stories in a bit more than 100 days. I'm still working on my major story Teardrops Burn, but I wasn't able to do much before I decided to enter the NaNoWriMo contest. In October I began the outline of what would be my book Fountain of Life (title might change), and November was cray-cray with school, work and this. More than once I had to write 3k words in a day, and sleep was optional.

I wrote a post in mid-November whining about how the contest worked, but I admit I was weary and frustrated at myself for not being able to put up as many words as I wished I could. My story came out brilliant, however, and I'm in the process of editing and polishing it. One of the NaNoWriMo's goodies for the winners were two copies of a paperprint version of my book, so it shall be done once I'm satisfied with my work, and then I'll embark on a journey to send my book to publishing houses. It's thrilling yet nerve-wrecking.

*Googles search some houses* oh god

On another note, as I do watch a lot of shows, I wish to point out 2014's TV Shows that I liked enough to remember as I write this post.

I watched Hannibal's Season 2 as it aired back in the first semester of this year. It was freaking good and ended as usual with me laying on the floor begging for mercy. Not only the plot is absolutely brilliant, inspired by the books but not dictated by them, but the scenes are beautifully put and the music creates the right atmosphere to tie everything together in that gory masterpiece.

Outlander was also aired this year, and I never actually knew what it was before I checked the show's plot. I remember seeing the serie's books in the wardrobe when I was younger, but I never knew how Le Chardon et le Tartan (French's title which has no connection with its original title, thus the reason I never understood what it was all about) would be this good and filled with a sweet ginger hottie. After watching the three first episodes, I was hooked and began to read the book. I love Claire's feminist point of view!

Penny Dreadful was also a big crush of mine. I'd heard of it before it began airing and thought it was all I needed for a show : science-fiction, classic literature's characters and Eva Green. Billie Pepper is also in it, so it's a double! Bonus: the plot is excellent and the character development very well done.

The Leftovers is another mystery/science-fiction show I've watched and loved, I thought nothing of it when I began to watch it, but the way this show keeps you guessing at the events made me wait for it every week. There's a season 2 coming up, which gives me time to watch the first season again, because I'm sure there's plenty of stuff I didn't see the first time I've watch it.

There's also comic TV Shows like Marvel's Agents of SHIELD and DC's The Flash I've enjoyed. The second season of AoS is a lot better than the first one, probably because Joss Whedon doesn't need to drag main plotlines because of the movies coming out, so there's a lot more action and awesomeness. The Flash is a show I'm actually surprised I enjoy this much, since I'm not that much of a fan of Arrow, and when I saw the main actor, I was like "wait isn't that the gay dude in Glee?", but the role fortunately didn't stick with him (unlike his tight fitting suit).

How To Get Away With Murder is a show I usually wouldn't enjoy, but the scenario is well paced and the cast is brilliant. It might also be because there's majorly only gay sex scenes, but that's just me.

Orphan Black is another really good show I've watched this year, It's Canadian, isn't it a good enough reason to watch it? Also there's only about 2 actors in the cast, because the main actress does all the characters.

HBO series The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones are a classic that everyone loves, so I'm not going to talk about them, but if you're not already watching those, do it already.

Vikings and Da Vinci's Demons are worth mentioning as well!

I might do the same for video games I've enjoyed in 2014, but I'll do that on my gamer's blog. I know I watch a lot of shows, but it's not that much when I watch them as it airs.

For 2015, I never really have resolutions because I know I won't keep up to them anyway, but I wish I'll continue writing as much as I did in 2014, I'm working too on another writing prompt that'd last a whole year, but let's begin by finishing my other projects I have.

Happy New Year!

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire

Let's be cray cray together!

I like