Vidéo de la semaine

XIA - FLOWER

8.01.2013

Ramble on writing skills and Captain America's face

Sometimes it's really hard to write on such different fandoms day after day. I feel like my inspiration is a sponge, and I fear I'm trying to squeeze it without giving it time to absorb back some liquid. I've been doing this for a month now, almost day and night, always thinking about that or that prompt, and I love it, but it's kind of exhausting at the same time. You know, when you're doing something you like so much and you tell yourself you should stop before you get bored of it or you lose your excitation for that thing, but you don't stop, and next thing you know, you realize you don't feel like doing that thing anymore... for weeks on end. But I can't stop writing for weeks now, can I? I probably couldn't even if I wanted to, anyway. I need to write.

Lately though, I've been only writing in English, and I feel like I'm lacking something. The fanfiction world seems to despise more and more to give feedback to the authors, so I never really had any advice on my writing in that language. Of course, I've myself noticed I've become a lot more fluent, I don't need to search so much my words, but I'm not where I'd like to be. Aah, it's quite the metaphor, isn't it? Anyway, I still have a lot more improvements to make, and I'd like to be able to keep my updates regular. By that I mean to be able to do a fic with multiple chapters. The three I did took me months to finish.

I believe I probably could do a better job at being on time, but I don't know if the fic would be good. Ugh! I need to first find a fandom anyway. Avengers, maybe, since it seems I have a new obsession on Captain America. I need to read his comics, even though I read his bio on the Marvel wikia. Did you know he got decapitated a few times in alternative universes? The writes don't like his face, it seems. I need to finish the Avengers first, so that might take some time.

Anyway, sorry for the messy ramble, but it's one of those nights I feel like I should write, but I don't know about what. Oh, right, I forgot to mention I'm halfway through my 30 Kisses Challenge, yeah me! It's quite excellent, 14 fics in a bit more than a month. I mean, I usually publish one every three to four months, so that's an improvement.

On a side note, there's been a cat who's been wandering near my house for the past days, and now she seems sick, but I'm not sure. I hope I can join her masters, she has a small medallion with her name and a phone number on it. I never thought I'd take care of a cat name Altaïr.

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire

Let's be cray cray together!

I like