Vidéo de la semaine

XIA - FLOWER

6.05.2012

My thoughts on the Fanfiction.Net's Purge

So Fanfiction.Net (the biggest fanfiction site on the internet) began another fanfiction purge last Tuesday (the 29th), and at first I thought ''Oh yeah, it's not the first time they're doing that, we won't be too much bothered by this". But then I talked to one of my FFN friend, and she's telling me that the Doctor Who fandom has lost 10% of their fics, to talk only about this fandom, and people are banned for 3 days without any notice. To confirm everything, FFN posted something not even 2 hours ago : 

"Please note we would like to clarify the content policy we have in place since 2002. FanFiction.Net follows the Fiction Rating system ranging from Fiction K to Fiction M. Although Fiction Ratings goes up to Fiction MA, FanFiction.Net since 2002 has not allowed Fiction MA rated content which can contain adult/explicit content on the site. FanFiction.Net only accepts content in the Fiction K through Fiction M range. Fiction M can contain adult language, themes and suggestions. Detailed descriptions of physical interaction of sexual or violent nature is considered Fiction MA and has not been allowed on the site since 2002."

So, they're purging every fics with sexual content? Sorry to say that, but they will need a lot of work and effort to do that, since more than half of the fics on FFN are smut/yaoi/PwP/Adult themed. I always thought than M and MA were the same thing, but apparently no. 

On top of that, I did a bit of research on Tumblr (because I became addicted to it and information is really quick there), and I found this (Edit: The person deleted their tumblr, and the article with it) (I want to mention that the crudest reviews seen on the screenshots are from an interactive fic where the author is being racist). There's a forum group, Critics United, who decided to report every fic they think are not suitable for FFN. Maybe they began the group with good intentions, but now it looks a lot like cyber-bullying to me. Reporting a fic is something I never did, simply because I don't see the point of doing that, but used by a large group of persons, they can have a way of power with it. Also, CU is not the only group dedicated to eradicate FFN of any story violations, just so you know.

Personally, I'm almost done with a Dragon Age PwP fic, and when I'm done correcting it, I will be posting it. I don't really care if they try to delete some of my stories. It's been 7 years since I've been on Fanfiction.net, if they decide to remove the features I enjoyed the most on that site, I'll simply quit and find other places to post on. MA fics aren't allowed since 2002, but there's almost only MA fics, so maybe they should change their rules, because I'm not the only one who will quit if it becomes too much strict.

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire

Let's be cray cray together!

I like